How do I set up email?
Here are the correct email settings for any client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac, iPad, etc.):
Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (YOUR FULL EMAIL ADDRESS)
Password: your email password
Incoming (IMAP) Server:
Outgoing (SMTP) Server:
SMTP (outgoing server) Authentication Required
Secure Authentication (or SPA) needs to be turned off
- Always use your full email address as the username.
- Always Use IMAP unless you have a specific reason for using POP3.
- On iPhones/iPads, ensure both your username (full email address) and password are filled in, even if your device says it is Optional.
- On iPhones/iPads, if you're changing email settings on an existing email account and getting errors, try removing and re-creating the account as new.
- Use the correct password. Be 100% sure you're using the correct password.
- Google it. Use Google to search any specific error messages you're seeing - you'll often find others have solved the issue for you.
- Don't panic. You are never without working email. Webmail is available to use at all times, so use it while you work on getting your device or mail client set up properly.